Farm Breeding in 1.13

Farm Breeding in 1.13

Postby SnowProper » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:21 am

Some of you have now asked the staff why you are unable to breed more of X animal at your base. That you are getting the heart indicator but not actually getting the baby produced from the breeding. I am here to explain what is going on...:

Basically this is something we are doing, hopefully temporarily but no promises, to help reduce the lag on the server. You see, when you have a lot of farm animals in a very small area at your base they are constantly colliding with each other, which means the game has to constantly update each time they do collide. On top of this, having a lot of entities in a small area also adds to the lag on the server. So, what we have done is limited the number of farmable entities you can have in a small area on the server. This limit is somewhere around 20-25 animals. Now, this is not to say that you cannot benefit still from having these farm animals. As when you attempt to breed them, they will still drop the XP that they normally would. They just will not produce the baby as well.

As far as villagers go, what you will need to do is breed your villagers in a different location than where you are actually storing them. By doing this you will be able to get around the whole limiter on the server and be able to have your collection of villagers. Technically, this is also possible with the other animals, such as cows, chickens, etc, but I am personally askins everyone to not go and take advantage of that, as it will just add back to the lag and really annoy me.

Whenever you go and kill some of the animals at your base, I would recommend using a looting sword to do it, you will then be able to breed more babies into the area. So, we are not stopping you from having a farm, just limiting how large the farm can get in a small space.
*Insert failed attempt at a Photographic Signature here"
SnowProper

Re: Farm Breeding in 1.13

Postby Monster DUck » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:23 pm

What exactly is a "small area"?
Monster DUck

Postby DigsLove » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Monster DUck wrote:What exactly is a "small area"?

Probably one or more chunks.
You may have to test that out.
Good bye.
DigsLove

Postby skunkybass » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:11 am

I understand this and Its a good Idea. But... I have 4 villagers in a breeder with no other entities around. I know the breeder is set up right because Its the one I always made in previous maps and villagers are throwing bread and getting hearts at the same time. But, no babies. Its the first day Ive had this breeder and I was trying it when there was very little people on the server. I feel like somethings messed up but ill keep trying.
skunkybass

Postby DigsLove » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:09 pm

skunkybass wrote:I understand this and Its a good Idea. But... I have 4 villagers in a breeder with no other entities around. I know the breeder is set up right because Its the one I always made in previous maps and villagers are throwing bread and getting hearts at the same time. But, no babies. Its the first day Ive had this breeder and I was trying it when there was very little people on the server. I feel like somethings messed up but ill keep trying.

Others have also been having issues with their breeders not working. Not sure if this is due to a 1.13 glitch or change.
if you figure out a solution (Or if anyone already has one) please post it here!
<3
Good bye.
DigsLove

Postby skunkybass » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 pm

It’s not a 1.13 glitch because I have bred in single player and on a realm. I’m guessing it’s a spigot glitch. It’s really sad because that’s the main thing I want to do is breed villagers.
skunkybass

Postby BMA_00Games » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:07 pm

the Spigot is not on full version
BMA_00Games

Postby Kito724 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:58 pm

so i have been building an extra village breeder outside render distance. i have been standing there over 30 hours now and i have 5 villagers. the breeding is not going normal speed not even a 20th of normal speed and i have made a huge distance.
i have 52 entities and they do not breed any faster than when i had 120.
i have been spending the last 2 or 3 weeks trying to get my normal setup going. you see i dont mine and i dont pvp and all i do is sort villagers , get good enchants, trade, and chat. .... since you made that impossible, theres nothing to do for me on this server.
all i ask for is that i can breed my villagers in a way so that i can get enchants like prot IV in a reasonable time. i have been working on getting the proper enchants for over 3 weeks now and i still have no progress. it is literally impossible to breed villagers and get enchants. how do you expect us to play? with enchanting tables and gold farms? cause that is less lag?.
please fix this problem, so i can return to my usual playing style :)
Kito724

Postby AwesomePuppy404 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:38 pm

Does this apply for wolves?
AwesomePuppy404

Return to General