Going on top of the Nether

Going on top of the Nether

Postby Wet_Snow » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:08 pm

This is strictly forbidden. It will lag the server greatly. Anyone that is caught going on top of the Nether will be kicked from the server with a warning message. This way you cannot say that you did not see the warning that you were not allowed on top of the Nether. If you are caught on top of the Nether after this, then you will be banned from the server.
Wrong? Pft! I am never wrong...
Wet_Snow

Re: Going on top of the Nether

Postby demomoer » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:01 pm

those ass holes
demomoer

Postby Gerbail » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:47 pm

I am a well enough informed player, and I will say there is no way an entity can cause lag by being inside the world's boundaries. In case this wasn't thought about, the Nether block generation occurs only up to Y:128 (Mushrooms will spawn on top at layer 129), but the world file itself is actually 256 blocks tall. The only way you could use the top o f the nether to help cause lag is using the flat surface in order to create new chunks faster. In any case, I thought the staff crew had preloaded the world files, excuse me if I'm wrong. Furthermore, the only way one could crash/lag a world because of their position is being outside of these boundaries, as far as I have tested, being over Y:256 can produce problems with loading the world since the player data is saved except for their coordinates, causing an empty piece in the puzzle of loading the world. Also, going outside the boundaries horizontally is well known to cause problems. However, I do not have a clue if this is also a problem with the void area, assuming the player is in creative and flying to prevent falling when the world is loaded. My point is, the only thing that should be forbidden is travelling "too fast," but that'd be in any dimension. Going on top of the nether is not in any way a lag factor, unless there is a malfunctioning plugin causing problems at certain player coordinates.
Not meaning to change the rules, just handing out my opinion based on what I have learnt. If you guys know the actual reason as to why this happens, let me know. I would love to learn more.
-Gerbail
Gerbail

Postby Wet_Snow » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:48 pm

The nether is only preloaded about 8k. And yes just walking up there isnt a problem the issue is it wont stop there. People will use the flat surface to speed potion ontop of it. Genning new Chunks too fast for the server. So to avoid those obvious issues we just dont let anyone up there...
Wet_Snow

Postby Wet_Snow » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:49 pm

We are not about to police another dimension to make sure people dont walk too fast either.
Wet_Snow

Postby Gerbail » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:37 am

Wet_Snow wrote:We are not about to police another dimension to make sure people dont walk too fast either.

Okay, that's perfectly understandable.
Gerbail

Postby MamaNightOwl » Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:17 pm

Top of the nether.... Don't do it. got it ;}
MamaNightOwl

Postby Monster DUck » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:19 pm

How do you do it anyway? do you have to hack. I tried everything I could think of on a singleplayer survival cause I wasx curious(would never do it here) and I could not figure out
Vnlla.org and pvp.vnlla.org ARE the best servers EVER
Monster DUck

Postby DrHoovy1 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:15 am

do you mean on top of the bedrock or just really close to it
DrHoovy1

Postby Frankie_Jones » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:35 pm

On top of the bedrock
Frankie_Jones

Next

Return to General