Spawn Abuse

Spawn Abuse

Postby SnowProper » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:23 am

Lots of talk lately about what is and what is not spawn abuse...

Here is a re-post of something I wrote a while ago about spawn abuse...

I am going to try to clarify the server's stance on this issue, but it is a really grey/ fuzzy issue, it can be hard to properly clarify, as it changes from case to case and especially from staff member to staff member...

When we say that you cannot kill someone while they are protected in spawn, we are mostly referring to diliberate attacks that are targeted to kill and potentionally loot a players inventory. However, as Micah has so kindly pointed out, there are people who do not like other people on the server, and will take any opportunity they can to get the player they do not like in trouble. Usually it is with a baiting tactic, when referring to spawn killing.

If a staff members sees a player who is camping the boarder and then running back in when they are then attacked, to avoid being killed, you are going to see little benevolence from the staff.

However, if a staff member sees a player who attack those who are just trying to hang out at spawn, whom are doing something outside of pvp, like fishing, then that player is considered breaking the rule, and is liable for their actions.

If a staff member sees a player dancing on the boarder, slipping over the boarder here and there, trying to bait a player outside of spawn to attack them, then that player will, again, see little compassion from the staff when they are killed.

But, if you are knocked over the boarder by a player who wants to kill you, then again, that player will be appropriately punished when caught.

If you are a player who is notorious for killing people at spawn and then you happen to have the final hit that kills you happen just over the boarder, you are likely to get little in the way of "justice" done to the offending player.

But, if every hit that hurts you happens to happen just inside the boarder of spawn, or anywhere in spawn for that matter, then you will be seen as the victim here and the offending player will be punished when caught.

If you fall down in a hole that someone dug at spawn because you were not looking where you were going, then that is your own fault.

But, if a player tries to kill another player by digging the ground out from under then and suffocating them, then the player who dug out the ground is breaking the rules.

I hope that that is enough examples to help clear some things up on this issue. I would also like to take this opportunity to again remind players that there cannot be staff on the server, or even policing spawn 24/7.

SPAWN IS A DANGEROUS PLACE.

Some people have little regards for the rules and you are able to be killed there and lose all of your most valuable stuff, if you were foolish enough to take it with you to spawn. Even if you were killed in the most unjust manner, you will not be reimbursed for your lost inventory. It sucks, I know, but its the only way to be fair to all players on the server. Even if those who are playing with you on the server do not want to be fair, the staff must remain neutral in all instances, so please do not make the staff feel like a jerk or awkward when they have to deny you your inventory you lost. This is just apart of the game. Everyone at this point is aware that this can happen to them and should therefore be smarter than to take their most valuable possessions to spawn. So, if you do attempt to push the issue of getting your inventory back from the staff, then you could end up having your bad day on minecraft become even worse by getting banned from the server.

Again, I hope I brought some light to this really grey issue. It is really really hard to define, and I would again like to repeat, these are just examples of the most likely scenario. It changes from staff member to staff member, some might be more passive towards those who accidentally kill a grey name and some may be more firm with punishment, seeing the rules defined as law...

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask me either here, in a private message, or on the server..
*Insert failed attempt at a Photographic Signature here"
SnowProper

Re: Spawn Abuse

Postby JBONE19 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:11 pm

Hey, I feel I already know the answer to this question but I know it needs to be addressed now before people get on your asses for unjust abuse bans. With 1.9 fishing rods now have the mechanic to hook players and with that a player outside spawn can hook a player inside spawn and pull them out to the pvp zone. What is the stance on this as far as spawn abuse is concerned?

I assume it is akin to using water to push someone out of spawn, but I would rather not assume these things. Also, players being able to nudge each other poses a pretty similar problem as it can be entirely accidental and yield some awful results.
JBONE19

Postby Leosageheart » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:19 pm

Using fishing poles to pull someone from protection is not allowed.
Leosageheart

Postby Bluphenyx » Sat May 13, 2017 12:08 am

Please, snow, come back and review and completely rewrite these
Bluphenyx

Postby VIBlackDragonIV » Sat May 13, 2017 4:13 pm

I think the "SPAWN IS A DANGEROUS PLACE" should pretty much sum it up. Common sense is just a great rule for anyone to follow if you are risking going to spawn on a server full of looters, head hunters, and other ne'er do wells. The spawn protection currently in place is sufficient enough if you ask me.
VIBlackDragonIV

Return to General