Updates to the "Chat Rules or lack there of"

Updates to the "Chat Rules or lack there of"

Postby SnowProper » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:11 pm

Recently it has come to my attention that the lack of chat rules on vnlla has become an issue. We had trusted the community to be able to police itself and air a sense of maturity in what you said. So, we allowed anything to be said in the chat. However, as of late it seems that this is something that is simply only taken advantage of at this point. So, now there will become a form of moderation. Things have gone too far there, and there will be some forms of restrictions at this point. Harassment and malice in the hate speech. there are limits to what is allowed overall i wont allow vnlla to become just a grounds that devolved into people just signing on the server to give hate speech towards others without playing or to the extent its become, but its going to stop. banter and it being the internet will still be taken on the grounds as acceptable, and the words still do not matter as much in what is said on the server. But, now context and the intention behind the words will be taken into account by the admins. I will not let this server die because a few people do not understand what moderation is & and there are ABSOLUTELY 0 benefits to having a server that allows you to have open speech when that open speech is turned the server into a place that can be confused with the KKK or other hate groups.

Vnlla is more than a game to some people, I have always said this, it is also an escape from a shitty reality that some of us have to live in, where our home lives are broken or our school lives are the worst things, in opinion. It might be just a game to some of you, but to those people, this is the only form of escapism that is offered in the world. This server will NOT become just another outlet for someone to be bullied to the point that their only recourse is to quit the server and find another form of escapism or worse.

Instead, if need be, every single person that the admins judge as offering nothing productive to the game and instead using the server just as a place to spread their own hatred and bullying will be PERMANENTLY REMOVED from Vnlla. No exceptions.

I hope we all understand at this point, as I do not want anyone to be permabanned because you are a fucking retard, but hey, that's life sometimes, and I will choose to longevity of the server over your ability to make someone else want to legitimately hurt themselves. So, with that said, get on board or get the fuck out.

P.S. From this moment forward, everyone will be held accountable and considered to have read this forum message, ignorance will NOT be an excuse in this matter. As if you are talking on the server to the point that you are going to be banned for this, then maybe it's for the best.
*Insert failed attempt at a Photographic Signature here"
SnowProper

Re: Updates to the "Chat Rules or lack there of"

Postby Teyuh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:22 pm

are there any "banned" words?! b4 like i say them or nah
Another L?
Teyuh

Postby SnowProper » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:52 pm

it is more so context and intention, not so much words. so its not really the words you use, its how you choose to use them.
*Insert failed attempt at a Photographic Signature here"
SnowProper

Postby Toiwen » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:56 pm

Here here. Lets not let a few bad apples (or our own actions) spoil the community spirit and our special place we call Vnlla - or as Snow pointed out, a 2nd home and escape to some.

- Toiwen: busy, still around and haven't forgotten you lot :p
Toiwen

Postby Frankie_Jones » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:02 am

I LOVE YOU TOIWEN :D
Frankie_Jones

Postby grenra » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:06 pm

i am pro-chat rules
grenra

Postby poseidon11948 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:13 pm

Teyuh wrote:are there any "banned" words?! b4 like i say them or nah

Teyuh is right, is there any and is racism going to be against the rules, it might be for the best that racism go, its bad enough outside the game and the game should be a safe haven, a "base" kind of thing like in tag.
poseidon11948

Postby Flashfood » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:57 pm

I don't think there are really any more restrictions than there have been in the past, just a stern reminder about one that is reserved to be used when necessary. People have never been able to sit and bother someone to the point they want to kill themselves to this or that. Events have forced the admins to make a decision to come down upon those that neglect to follow this rule harder, besides that, nothing has changed.
Flashfood

Return to General