Report A Cheater

Report A Cheater

Postby Wet_Snow » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:24 am

The PVP Server is a new server & because of this we are all still extremely busy trying to make it the best possible PVP server that we can. However, because of this, we are not able to be on at all times. We have brought on a few more admins and moderators, but even this leaves chunks during the day in which the server is not being policed. So, with that said, we have implemented a new system in order to help make the server better.

Let me introduce you to the .report feature! .report is a way for players to be able to report someone that they feel is breaking the rules of the server in some fashion. It is not a way to ban people or a way to kick people off the server. But, it is a way to notify the staff that you believe someone is breaking the rules of the server. We will be able to then go through and see who was reported and why they were reported and take appropriate action. No longer do you have to feel like someone is able to get away with breaking the rules!

To use .report is simple. All you have to do is type into the chat .report <users IGN> <reason for report> ! There is a space after each part there, keep the R in report lowercase and you obviously do not need the <>. For example, if you were to report me for flying it would look like this...

Code: Select all
.report Wet_Snow flying

After you do this, a log will be recorded letting the staff know I was flying on the server.

If there are any questions or comments about this new feature feel free to post them! Do not be shy!

EDIT: I know that people get upset when they are attacked in the respawn room or at spawn. I understand your frustration towards that, because it is truly a douche-bag move to do. However, we are asking that with the .report function you not fill it up just because you were smacked with a sword a few times outside the arena. Please only report a person who is doing that if they are impeding your game. By this I mean making it so you cannot go into the arena for a period of time due to their actions. Otherwise, just hold it in and tell a mod or admin later on. Thank you! It will just make it much easier to go through the reported players if we do not have to see a lot of those reports.
Wet_Snow

Re: Report A Cheater

Postby Azzap2001 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:45 am

What would happen if someone just reports a bunch of people for no reason? Or if someone was to report me for no reason? Would the admins just ban who ever is on the list of reports or actually investigate?

-Cheers, Azza
Azzap2001

Postby paul_ishenin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:16 am

Admins will investigate as this is happen currently on this forum. Command just simplifies things for both players and admins. Players don't need to switch to other applications to make a report. Admins can see all reports in easy views.
paul_ishenin

Postby Wet_Snow » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:50 am

A few additional notes for the .report function....

1. Please refrain from reporting people who are hitting in the respawn room or at spawn in general. This is not something that the staff can really do anything about ex post facto. It honestly is just cluttering up the .report section on us. I am sorry, I know that hitting in the respawn room is something that is very annoying. But, we cannot do anything about it without witnessing it. So, again, please do not report someone for doing this.

2. When you are reporting someone for "cheating" or "hacking" it does the staff little good when you just simply write "cheating" or "hacking" as the reason for the report. It would be much more helpful for us to be able to remedy these situations if you were to explain what type of cheating or hacking is going on with the player. You do not have to have the technical terms correct, such as kill aura, but it is much more helpful for you to type in the reason such as .report <IGN> Hacking using a force field.

3. The .report function is really not to be used as a toy. I wish this was something that I do not even need to write about, since it really is suppose to be this obvious, but it seems I have to. Please, do not report people just to write a message to the staff or as a joke. All it ends up doing is making the staff begin to not take your reports seriously, and when the time comes that you are seriously reporting a person, we are probably not going to put any stock in your report. Besides, it is just really really annoying to read these joke reports.

Thank you everyone for adjusting your reporting appropriate from this point on. It is going to make the reporting function much more efficient and help us make the server that much better for everyone!
Wrong? Pft! I am never wrong...
Wet_Snow

Postby Gerbail » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm posting the screenshots I managed to take, which clearly show Kevin_00_0504 using some edited client to give him unfair advantages on the server.
Gerbail

Postby Wet_Snow » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:27 pm

banned. thank you!
Wrong? Pft! I am never wrong...
Wet_Snow

Postby demomoer » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:55 pm

Image advertiser/troll
demomoer

Postby Th3l0stSpart4n » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:14 am