Bug Report

Bug Report

Postby Th3l0stSpart4n » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:58 am

As you may have noticed the server has recently had a drastic change (for changelog view viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2260). As such, a few minor bugs may occur as this is the nature of the work we do. If anyone notices any bugs, such as the list of known bugs i will post below, please leave them here. The ones currently known about are:
-multiple players being announced winner for the pvp arena
-being possible to enter the villager trading stands
-archery minigame highscore stands being off
-.duel does not teleport players on occasion
-exp levels being off
-duel arena not auto ending if the other player leaves
-the bug that vnlla is experiencing where a player times out and then may no longer join until a restart

When posting a bug, try to explain as best you can and try to say what happened while you experienced the bug. We will work on them and update the server when possible. Thank you all for your patience.

P.S. Please do not post about class balancing or balancing purchased items in here. Save this for bugs only so that admins can read through it easier.

P.P.S. I am working on a fix for hitting in the spawn area and would like player opinion. PM me please. Would you be okay with having an item in spawn and respawn area only that when held stops knockback? This item would be deleted upon entry into the arena and regiven upon death so that players may use it if another is trying to annoy them.
Can the path be seen?
Th3l0stSpart4n

Re: Bug Report

Postby Th3l0stSpart4n » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Adding to the list now
-.spectator seems to not work properly
Can the path be seen?
Th3l0stSpart4n

Postby Th3l0stSpart4n » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:47 am

-duel arena announced a draw before the match ended
-people can still get into the back of the villager trading area
Can the path be seen?
Th3l0stSpart4n

Postby Th3l0stSpart4n » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:57 am

-in the duel arena, if a player shoots themself before it starts, that player is displayed as the winner
Can the path be seen?
Th3l0stSpart4n

Postby robotkoer » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:31 pm

Lobby build
  • You can get stuck between iron bars and stairs in the kit selection
    Fix: another block/column of iron bars or barrier(s)
  • Admin kits sign states that you can go to lobby from there, which is sadly not the case
    Fix: remove it from sign
  • No sign for joining the Defense, unlike CTF
    Fix: add it to sign or place another sign
  • Can be escaped with ender pearls
    Fix: more barriers
Spawning
  • Sometimes, when spawning, you only see the stars and not the lobby itself or only half of the lobby.
    Workaround: relog
  • Some class-specific effects can persist after relog if logged off while active (in the arena) until first death
    Fix: clear effects on signin before giving saturation and resistance
Texts
  • Voting points still exist, but are unused
    Fix: remove the text and counting wrapper code
  • It once happened that a map got 7 votes, but another one was picked that had 0 votes
    Fix: refine the wrapper's code?
  • ".map change <number>" and similar commands with undefined parameters are sent literally to chat
    Fix: make it write ".map change " and keep focus on text field
Game
  • Infinite players can join Defense, but only first 4 get to play, similar for CTB with 6
    Fix: warning or cap removal
  • People have reported of spawning in the Void of The End map. Haven't been able to reproduce though.
    Fix: add a check to spawn points so there is a block below you (if possible)
  • For me, inventory sorting has been lagging recently. Cannot reproduce in survival server so I don't know the cause.
    Fix: optimize something (Edit: Can't reproduce anymore)
  • Suicides count as kills, which may have or might mess up the leaderboard.
    Fix: check that killer and killed player don't match
  • .spectate duel area can be escaped from/to with an ender pearl
    Fix: fix the hole with barriers (Edit: seems to be fixed)
Last edited by robotkoer on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
robotkoer

Postby Azzap2001 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:25 pm

With the spuicide one, I they shoot the self off a high place or end island, that's jusr Minecraft Vanilla. But do keep in mind, if you get a guy low and he jumps off or ender pearls into the ground and dies, that counts as your kills. All the other bugs/suggestions, I'll let the other Admins talk about since I'm new and don't know much :)
Azzap2001

Postby iHannah_ » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:14 pm

I know this post is kinda later than the rest, but I am experiencing a bug on the PVP server, I am not sure as to if other people experience it, but here it is: When I use a bow I fire the arrow, arrow hits player, player takes no damage, player doesn't catch on fire, arrow no where to be found, when I saw to the player "I shot you why didn't you catch on fire" The response I get is "No you never fired at me" Which I find ludicrous because I obviously fired the bow at the player. I hope this issue gets resolved soon because it gets annoying after a bit of time. I have been experiencing it for about 2-3 weeks I would have to say. I was waiting to report it to see if it would get resolved but it hasn't got resolved, so I hope it is fixed very soon. I know it would be a convince to other vnlla pvp players.

Thanks for reading this,
iHannah_
May the Force be with you.
iHannah_

Postby robotkoer » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:40 pm

iHannah_ wrote:I know this post is kinda later than the rest, but I am experiencing a bug on the PVP server, I am not sure as to if other people experience it, but here it is: When I use a bow I fire the arrow, arrow hits player, player takes no damage, player doesn't catch on fire, arrow no where to be found, when I saw to the player "I shot you why didn't you catch on fire" The response I get is "No you never fired at me" Which I find ludicrous because I obviously fired the bow at the player. I hope this issue gets resolved soon because it gets annoying after a bit of time. I have been experiencing it for about 2-3 weeks I would have to say. I was waiting to report it to see if it would get resolved but it hasn't got resolved, so I hope it is fixed very soon. I know it would be a convince to other vnlla pvp players.

Thanks for reading this,
iHannah_

Pretty sure it's this which has 3 reported fix versions. Wait for 1.9 and then see whether this happens again or not.
robotkoer

Postby The_Abysswalker » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:47 pm

^ It's that. They keep trying to fix it, basically, its lag. This happens when you just barely nick the edge of their hitbox.
The_Abysswalker

Postby Reidith » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:08 am

In the survival server, if you have a Donor, VIP,, or Veteran rank, it will not show up on the player list if you are in the Nether.

On the PVP server, if somebody selects a kit in the arena and then wants to view a duel, they will still have the kit on their player.

Hope I helped.
Reidith

Next

Return to General