Redesign the site

Redesign the site

Postby robotkoer » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:56 pm

Have you considered redesigning the vnlla.net site for 1.13? It would mean a lot as a first impression for new users.

Some ideas:

robotkoer

Re: Redesign the site

Postby Toiwen » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Is that an offer robotkoer or you just pointing out what needs fixing? I'm curious cause I've been thinking about this myself. :)

- Toiwen
Toiwen

Postby robotkoer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:29 am

Toiwen wrote:Is that an offer robotkoer or you just pointing out what needs fixing? I'm curious cause I've been thinking about this myself. :)

- Toiwen

For now I just pointed the things out, but I can help further if needed.
robotkoer

Postby Toiwen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:44 am

Can tell my curiosity is getting the better of me, indulge me:

*. You got any web design/development experience?
*. You got any other ideas (fixes or otherwise) that you'd like to see implemented?

Also if any other members of the community are reading this and have any other ideas or suggestions to do with the website/forum design (or extra features) feel free to pitch in.

- Toiwen
Toiwen

Postby robotkoer » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:18 pm

Toiwen wrote:Can tell my curiosity is getting the better of me, indulge me:

*. You got any web design/development experience?
*. You got any other ideas (fixes or otherwise) that you'd like to see implemented?

Also if any other members of the community are reading this and have any other ideas or suggestions to do with the website/forum design (or extra features) feel free to pitch in.

- Toiwen

Haven't made any professional websites per se, but I know what Bootstrap is (what vnlla.org uses) and some web languages like HTML, CSS, some JS and PHP.

Well, in terms of other ideas it could be redesigned with a new theme, but if the current one works and has accurate information, that is already good.
robotkoer

Postby Toiwen » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:55 am

Trying to get a hold of snow for a chat... tho what's concerning me more is the lack of activity on forums and server (even discord seems quiet, tho I only just joined and don't use a mic).

You been playing regularly on server robotkoer, and if so is there still a steady stream of new comers or has it all but dried up?

or is it just everyone taking a break while waiting for 1.13 like myself?

- Toi
Toiwen

Postby Froedyr » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:34 pm

A lot of players are waiting for 1.13 which in turn makes the very real, steady stream of new player joining not particularly enjoying the half empty server and therefore leaving after not too long. I believe both the player count and and amount of players staying for extended periods will vastly improve for 1.13 and bring activity to all the sites again.
Froedyr

Postby Toiwen » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:20 am

Froedyr wrote:...I believe both the player count and and amount of players staying for extended periods will vastly improve for 1.13 and bring activity to all the sites again.

You're probably right, feel like Vnlla should try to capitalize on the situation for the long term, to me the forums/site/voting banners could do with a facelift; plus I'd like to see a stronger foundation in the middle to support the community even when folks aren't actually playing minecraft.

- Toiwen

PS. Might try n put together some voting banner designs with my limited design skills :)
or just hold a community contest n see what snow/fate n admins think. :p
Toiwen

Return to General