Ban Appeal

Post here if you got banned on vnlla.net

Ban Appeal

Postby spidershlong » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:35 am

Hi staff of vnlla,

Just 3 minutes ago I was banned for threatening to ddos another player. This I'm sure is in regards to my conversation earlier with jojo_ali. In this conversation where I was teaching him the basics of vpn's (I'm a computer engineer so fairly well informed on the subject) he told me he could change his ip to whatever he wanted at will without using a vpn. As you may be aware, this is impossible. To make clear my point I joked to him "then tell us your ip address so I can ddos you" or something along those lines. Taken out of context I'm sure this looks bad, but I made certain to clarify maybe 20 seconds later that it was a joke and that I had absolutely no intention of ddosing him even if he had revealed his ip address to the server. I do partake in trolling from time to time and certainly stir up a response out of others, but I have never broken the rules of the server (figured making a joke about ddosing would be within the guidelines if I clarified it to be a joke and not a legitimate threat). I was then banned from the server maybe 4-5 hours later with no warning whatsoever. I hope you can see my side of the story and can forgive this misjudgment on my part.

Thanks for your time,
spidershlong

edit: timings are a bit off because I posted to pvp.vnlla ban appeals before I noticed there were two seperate sections.

To be a bit more clear: when I clarified that this was not a threat, I said (paraphrasing because I can't quote myself): "Ddosing is against the law in the United States and I would never ddos anyone"
spidershlong

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby m_dog_ » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:35 am

do not threat to ddos playerz or the server, this joke is no bueno and will result in ban. and if you must make the joke i would suggest telling it to a friend or someone who you are certain knowz you are joking and wont take it the wrong way.

Pardoned
m_dog_

Return to Ban Appeals