Banned for sarcasm

Post here if you got banned on vnlla.net

Banned for sarcasm

Postby Boz » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Said 'im hacking' and 'im currently using x-ray' in the chat as a sarcastic joke. I said it straight up, with no buildup or prior conversation to use, as the prior conversation was in the discord call with several other people who can vouch for me. The sentence was in effect an inside joke. around 45 minutes later i was banned. no idea why it took so long tbh.

The sentence was purely and OBVIOUSLY a sarcastic joke. not sure why the Mod didn't think twice and read it as obvious sarcasm. get the admin to tp to someone and see if they're actually doing what they're saying. this way of staffing is absolutely wrong. just because I say 'im xraying' doewsn't mean I actually am? I can't explain how silly this is. It's BANTER

Also heard I was spamming. I was using chat actively and wasn't spamming in an obnoxious manner at all. NO warnings from mods or admins. I very clearly wasn't spamming as I was just having active conversations with many people at once. If this was the reason it's wrong.

in a nut shell, was obviously sarcasm and have people to back it up. I'm not sure how to appeal this because it's all so obvious. no mention in the rules of sarcasm being banned. I thought the rules on chat were lenient?
Boz

Re: Banned for sarcasm

Postby Boz » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 pm

I got banned by a moderator who can't TP to me and gain evidence. There was NO evidence. Arctic is wrong. If Fanpop tped to me and caught me in the act then it's fair. This ban is wrongful because there's no evidence beyond a sarcastic comment in chat.
Boz

Re: Banned for sarcasm

Postby Fanpop » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:30 pm

Arctic is not in the wrong for banning you, if I was still a mod I would have done the same thing if I saw that message, since mods do not have the ability to check they must assume people who say those things in chat are actually doing what they say. It's not a good idea to joke about cheating/hacking. You are pardoned, please do not joke about that kind of stuff again in the future.
Fanpop

Return to Ban Appeals